Dr John Pates
A highly skilled, results focused, BPS chartered and HPC registered Sports Psychologist with expertise in human performance and development. Significant experience working with elite golfers. A reputation for quality, integrity and innovation resulting from many years of developing relationships and performance programs for individuals and teams. Utilizes expert knowledge of sport and positive psychology to design and deliver innovative performance enhancing strategies and solutions.
* DFE Qualified Teacher Status. Reference Number: RP89/41436.
* BPS Chartered Sports Psychologist. Membership Number: 073278.
* Registered with the Health Professions Council. Registered Number: PLY19267.
* Member of the British Psychological Society
* Member of the World Congress of Golf
* PhD Sport Psychology
* MPhil Sport Psychology
* BA (Joint Hons) 2:1 Psychology and Physical Education
* PDip Statistics and Computing
PGCE Physical Education and Special Educational Needs
2002–2016 Consultant Psychologist European Golf Tour
A consultant working for world-class athletes delivering services designed to support the psychological needs of elite athletes to specifically enhance their performances at significant competitions. Broad experience of individual needs analysis, design, delivery and analysis of performance programs for some of the world’s top golfers. Worked alongside the coaches and managers of professional golfers designing world-class performance programs that led to tournament victories including, European Championships, World Cups and Ryder Cup events. List of clients include: Ian Woosnam, Darren Clarke, Graham McDowell, Thomas Bjorn, Steven Gallacher, Paul Broadhurst, Mat Fitzpatrick and over 20 tour winners.